Saturday, April 23, 2005

Hodgepodge Events

A variety of news and stories from the past few days, subtitled for distiction as needed.

Deadly with unconventional weapons
So, today I managed to cause abrasive damage to the point of bringing forth blood twice. Now, of the following categories:
A) Attempting to hold two large gatorade bottles by the tops in one hand.
B) Losing control of an undersized flathead screwdriver while trying to change the blade of a box cutter so already loosely sealed that the spare blades slide out of it in random intervals and locations.
C) Carrying a stack of flat cardboard box patterns.
It makes no sense but is complete truth that only A and C actually got me cut.

When it rains it pours
Well, Housing is a place for of Bastards these days it appears. Since our Shower began to leak (profusely when used), Housing has been by on several occasions, well, twice so far, and has failed to be able to find either a leak or a cause. Now, the cause I concede might not be the easiest thing in the world to find, but when they run the water and I can come back to find the floor soggy, I begin to question the basic axioms that support my reality. Either way. This past Friday, Kyle took a shower at their request, basically to give them evidence of a leak. So, of course, to alleviate that marshland scent, I opened my window to give the room some fresh aid. We went out for lunch down at the Student Center, and I didn't give it another thought. Well, lunch was alright, perhaps the pizza was a bit on the liquidated cheese side of the spectrum, but that's alright, it's above par for Woodruff anyways. Well, upon our leaving the Student Center the sky decided that Jiaz, Kyle, and I looked far dryer than it really intended, and promptly opened with a torrent of rain so severe my Technique dissolved in my hands. Well, upon our more than damp return, I discovered that the wind's direction of choice was not condusive to my choice to open the window. So yes, wet floor, wet room, and wet me; very much not a good thing, but a little rain never killed anyone who wasn't a witch to begin with and Asgard doesn't seem to have exploded as a result, so I guess everything's okay.

In other news
David's Psych book has today informed us that the definition of health is no longer "The slowest rate at which a person can die." It didn't tell us what the new definition is, but we found the point interesting nonetheless.