Tuesday, September 27, 2005

News from the field.

It would appear that the copier they've installed in the mailroom here has a most interesting power switch. It's like a push-botton toggle on the side, which I of course was passively toggling not noticing what it was for until, upon closer inspection, I noted the standard | and O markings of a power switch.

Stupid new Active Directory requirements have upped the password ante, requiring 3 of 4 categories (lowercase, symbol, uppercase, and numbers) which means that my passwords now all involve usage of the shift-key which is just an annoyance (I think I need to figure out what unshifted symbols qualify and use those).

Picked up the Unofficial Disgaea Soundtrack, I'll stack it against the 20 track original and see how things look, but that's an experiement for a time later in the week after my labs are not looming ahead so imposingly.

Internship/Co-Op headhunting isn't going over so well. Hopefully I can get something after a put this semester of Electrical behind me and have a better knowledge basis on which to search the field.

Stupid computer has managed to lose sound properties, which means that I'm musicless, and I really hate that feeling. It's about time to go hunt down a Better Quality and Lower Priced iPod alternative, I just wish the foolish competitors would actually spend some money on advertising so I didn't have to research so meticulously.

Oh well, I think I'll tinker around with the settings here to try and restore the ability to play The Pillows while at work, gotta have something to keep me sane.
Edit: As it turns out. The speakers are not connected, and connecting them kills the computer. This may prove to be more of a challenge than I had originally intended.