Saturday, August 19, 2006

...and your family's family, which is really just your family.

Had a customer come in today, wanting to ship out a set of golf clubs to his kids in California.

Me: So, you've set to this location before?
Him (Rolling the box over to show the address): Yeah, it's for my kids. I'm hoping to get them interested in a hobby so they'll spend less time drinking and partying.
Me: And your first though was... golf?
(At this point we both dissolve into laughter)
Him: Well, it takes awhile to play, I figured it'd keep them busy.
Me: I see.
(Transaction finished, he leaves)
Me (To Co-worker): Golf eh?
Co: What's to keep them from drinking before they golf?
Me: Or while they golf?
Co: Would definately make it more interesting.

In reading all of Bash I think I linked maybe 10-20 quotes out, Overheard in NY's Overheard in the Office did give me this jewel that totally merits linkage though