Saturday, July 28, 2007

First Fragments

Nothing like starting the day off in the red, course I think the instructions for the refunds should've been a bit more explicit, but perhaps that's just me. Laggy Internet Explorer fueled internetting isn't really the panacea to boredom that the much faster and Firefox-backed enviroment I have at home affords, but I'll take what I can get, given that I'm basically being paid to sit in front of a fan and surf the web anyways.



(HP & tOotP)

I enjoyed Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix as a movie. Certainly there were pieces that didn't make it (a ton of them, that was a massive book) but I feel it did a good job with the time alotted. That's probably the breaker movie though, the one that seperates those that read the books from those that didn't. There's just so much more to the books, and really everybody could do with a bit more Tonks. Luna definately steals the show though, all I have to say. The Golden Compass preview needed more armored bear though.



(Anime)

Rest in Peace Nanashi (Yeah, I know, late notice, they've been dead nearly 3 months now), one of my preferred teams. Actually, one of the few now that Lunar never seems to be subbing anything I care about and Mahou and Static aren't really doing a whole lot either. At least A.F.K. and Eclipse are still being awesome.



Honestly, jaalin's comments on Zombie Loan are spot on. The show has incredibly varying animation quality, as if they really just paid for 70% of each episode and fill the rest with near stick-figures, and they're really sucking at explaining what's going on or why. I can't help but feel that I've seen the main characters before (though not in any series I've actually watched). And honestly, this show has to have the single most boring and stupid looking fights I've ever watched. And that's coming from someone who has seen a fair deal of Yu-Gi-Oh on American television and actually finished all of both Innocent Venus and Speed Grapher. Heck, throw Ergo Proxy near the bottom of that list and then drop Zombie Loan below that as well.