Monday, July 05, 2004

So, David on one of his whims borrowed some gamecube games from his girlfriend, so we've had Pikmin, Wind Waker, and Starfox Adventurers in the house for a few days now. So, unlike all those games I've owned for forever and been meaning to talk about, these get a quick blog before I go to bed.

Anyways. I've refused to play Pikmin on "whatever" grounds but I've watched David and Ian in their respective playings. It looks alot like a user directed form of lemmings as near as I can tell. You use your troops to secure ship parts and sources of food which in turn produce more forces. I mean, there's only 3 kinds of pikmin to begin with, so I don't see permutations being too terribly difficult past a certain point, but then again, getting the little seedlings to do your bidding seems like it would eventually drive me insane. Eventual being a term roughly equal to about an hour of time.

Wind Waker is of course pure gold. Cel Shaded fire is one of the best things ever. Of course, much to Jefe's dismay I play things my way, which means loads of offensive grappling hookage. Otherwise things are going rather well. I'm actually getting a good portion of the map as I go, which is something new. To make things worse, Ian's doing it my way as well, so Jefe, you may squirm in dismay.

Starfox Adventures is just play terrible. Total crap. I'll elaborate later.