Friday, September 08, 2006

I'm totally going to get yelled at by a customer

And honestly, I don't give a damn. They're going to complain about this overnight DHL Letter, arrived 2 days ago, when they show up again in a month. And somehow this will be percieved as my failure. Let's face the facts shall we? Why would you have things shipped to a place you don't check? Especially important things, shipped quickly? They, or I should say she as only the wife has shown herself both to open the box and to get the mail, have only shown up once to actually get their mail since opening it two month agos. So, she arrives and waves the little red tag we put in the mailboxes to signal packages that require a signature from the customer, and so I go and faithfully retrieve a pair of DHL overnight letters from the back, dutifully marked in sharpie with date of arrival, some 2-3 weeks ago. She unleashes on me, proclaiming that we had advertised notification of packages, and thus should've called when these things came in. I resisted urges to say snide things (typically you have to request that we notify you on package arrivals, we've got several customers we do it for), and told her I'd make a note on her mailbox, which I dutifully did.

I've not been here for a few days, Boss man got ill so I had to cover down at the other store, I get back and discover that this mailbox holder has a package. So, true to cause, I go into the files and drag out their given phone number, dial it up, and guess what? They've had incoming calls disabled on their phone. I'll get yelled at for it when they show up in a few weeks, but till then, I'll be laughing about this one.