Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Meandering Mountain Paths...

...Crossing each other as they wind down to the town below.

Horror #1

I totally cannot make shit like this up:

-----------------------------------------------
Show Channel StartDate EndDate OnDemandSection / SubSection / SubSubSection

Life of Man-Faye Anime Selects 09/07/06 02/12/07 The Cutting Edge / Anime Selects / Man Faye

Knowing Man-Faye Anime Selects 09/07/06 02/12/07 The Cutting Edge / Anime Selects / Man Faye

Q&A Man-Faye Anime Selects 09/07/06 02/12/07 The Cutting Edge / Anime Selects / Man Faye
-----------------------------------------------

That's right, not only does Anime Selects have not 1, but 3 shows dedicated to this atrocity of cosplay, but it's got it's own Subsection dedicated to it. Running until the middle of next February...

Assorted Miscellany

So, Sam and Fuzzy actually has the titular characters again, for those who've complained that post-guess Sam Logan revamped the storyline I present Exhibit A and then the core of what some might call misdirection Exhibit B.

And really that's all I had to say, or else risk repeating the Webcomic block of death from a few posts ago (Wall of Text is bad), but speaking of misdirection, looks like Lucky Number Slevin came out on DVD back on an early "teenth" of September (I looked it up once, I think it was 12 or 13 (Anyone pointing out the fact that 12 is not a "teenth" has been beaten to the punch by this line) but I don't recall precisely), I checked Comcast's OnDemand schedule to see if it was slated anytime soon, which is what preciptated my discovery of Horror #1.

Actually watched Jinki 1 over the weekend as accompanyment to Saturday Breakfast (Mmm, doughnuts). I think it was an untouched OP/ED on the basis that I don't think it has the OP/ED in the first ep, though it does play the ED when there could have been an ED, which it did, until ep 2 when it becomes a Panzinger-Z parody (or you know, however that show is spell, my cocern is far remote here). All it did was show me that the Extend part of the show kicks Jinki's ass, oh and the VA for the Ep Preview is horrible horrible horrible.

While we're on the OP/ED tangent, since I got back into Eureka Seven for the Ray and Charles subarc culminating in the raid on the Capital, it's awful to see that they've horribly trimmed OP2/ED2. Trinity Blood still runs full OP and a half length(double speed images + normal speed song) for the ED which at least shows the full ED. Kiddy Grade went and had theirs dubbed over, which I guess is indicative of the lack of faith in the sale power of less J-Bands.

The return of the Lightbulb in Ep25 of Ouran was amazing, and Kyouya's 'Pineapple' Computer is visionary of what I could see as a sucessful line of either shirts or Apple Laptop/ iPod Covers.

I don't know the new iPod Song, this saddens me.

RadioBlog is still midly amusing, at least for catching a few of the Pandora songs that I really like but haven't secured anywhere else and being able to spam-repeat them. Course the really good ones I can't find there, but that's a different problem. That said as per my Pandora profile, I'm totally considering buying (best song noted):
Mountaineers - Messy Century - Track 12, Apart from This.
Andy Bell - Electric Blue - Track 11, Delicious.
Venus Hum - Big Beautiful Sky - Track 3, Soul Sloshing (And it costs less than the Single for it, which is an Import) and The Colors in the Wheel - Track 11, Pink Champagne (Note that I can buy The Colors in the Wheel combo with Big Beautiful Sky for savings, but BBS is packaged with a Blue Man Group Album if I try to start from there instead...)
Tsunami Bomb - Ultimate Escape - Track 2, Russian Roulette and Invasion from Within (EP) - Track 1, Invasion from Within plus Track 5, Lemonade and Definitive Act - Track 6 - 4 Robots and an Evil Scientest.
Basement Jaxx - I just went with a full listing. I want mostly the Single's album but that's an Import again.
Not a complete listing, there's no Daft Punk or Go Betty Go! or some more Import stuff there, but those are my big aims at the moment.

Retrograded Firefox to a level when it's compadible with FlashBlock again, which nipped my Flash-Errors-crashing-Firefox problem completely. Still having issues with Asgard and the Maxtor drive, which is bad because I've found the utilities to rebuild it, but I sorta want to extract the data first. Order of the day, get a DVD Burn Program and make it function, start making space on the small drive to pull and burn stuff from the Maxtor.

Got a CD sleeve from the Red Cross to put in my car. It's actually way too small, and I worry about getting the CDs in and out with any ease, but I'm gonna give it a try anyways.

Tech better fucking give me some confirmation that I've sucessfully reapplied, because deadline is 4 days and I've not heard a peep, which is very very stressful.

David's PS2 is pretty much dying, takes forever to make it play Disgaea 2, which is horrible because the game is so awesome that I want to play it so much more than I am, I've not even gotten the 6th skill for every weapon yet (though my Rogue has unlocked top tier, Master Thief, and has Divine Comet (which is so much fun to use)). Got Megaman ZX but haven't been playing too much. It's really damn tough.

Valkerie Profile 2 out on the PS2 as of yesterday (or today, depending which store you getting it from I guess) but I've got Disgaea and the PS2 is flukely so it can wait. Still want Ninety-Nine Nights and Enchanted Arms though. White Knight Stories looks beautiful and could be great, I'll wait till I see the level/ability systems before further comment.

I think it's time for a complete Password System overhaul on my end, I need something new.