Monday, October 02, 2006

Welcome to the Pumpkin Patch

Happy October.

It's finally getting chill out, but not quite time for the total conversion. Changed over to long Khakis for work, and jeans for lounging at home, but I'm still drinking my tea iced.

Seems that Meebo is a total Net Hog on this connection, which means I've been spare on it, since it destroys my ability to work effectively, though I pop on to get updates etc.

Character Battle 5 is in the second division of the males, I've already been pretty much culled, but I'll worry about a retrospective when all of the first round of battles finishes up.

I've declared the PS2 to be dead by virtue of Disc Read Errors, so I'll call up Sony and have arrangements made for repairs. According to what I've read it should just cost me shipping, and DREs are pretty common as the machine ages. I've read some pages that give step-by-steps for opening and manually testing/tweaking the machine, but I think mine is past that level for the most part. Course, this means that I'm in complete Disgaea 2 withdrawl, and also that I won't be buying Valkerie Profile 2 just yet, although, given the parameters I've read, I should be able to get the repairs arranged, the PS2 Shipped (gee, I wonder how I'll accomplish that), and it back to me before my birthday.

Thanks to the withdrawl:
Trailer for the Disgaea Anime (Which sucked), from Disgaea 2, amusing nonetheless.
Disgaea 2 Trailer, JP version still nice at showcasing major characters and attack animations (not enough spells). Compare with Disgaea 1 Trailer English version, just notice how much better Dimension Slash looks in Disgaea 2.
And just for good measure Disgaea 2 Opening.
Ah, the usefulness of Youtube sometimes.

Shame I'm busy, I'd love to talk about the ending to Ouran, but I'll toss that up a week later, once the new season's started and subbed and I have a broader specturm to talk about, plus I gotta end this fast a-fore I start gushing about Disgaea again.