Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Life's trying to give me a nervous tic...

Which is sadly seems to be the honest truth seeing as my right eye has been twitching all day.

Yesterday was such an...experience. Awoken at 5am to be told that the power had blownout and asked when I needed a wakeup call so I could be up in time, which ended up being unnecessary as power came back on before I was able to fall asleep again, so I reset my clock alarm. Then, fattie that I am, I broke the button off my khakis sitting down in my car.

Work for the day was mostly uneventful, minus customers wanting everything under the sun before it'd warmed up (Copies, Color Copies, Laminating, Binding (Yeah, technically the binder is always warmed up, but I included it anways)). And the one extraordinary customer, a slightly older man, who wanted "some help bringing in packages". Turns out it was 4 large boxes (29"x15"x15") all in the 55-65 lbs range. He didn't help at all, but it's all in a day's work. He tipped me $3 for it. I wouldn't have accepted but I didn't realize he was doing it until I'd already taken it. (Sidenote, why the hell is the proverb 'Don't look a gift horse in the mouth' still being propagated? It makes zero sense. In fact, it makes less than zero sense when used analygous with the Trojan Horse lesson) This $3 cash would come into play later.

I went down to Tech, because I'd discovered that if you're re-apping from drop there's 2 extra forms. One of which I knew about and had completed, but another that took me by suprise. So I boogy-ed down to school, parked in the Physics Visitor Lot (which'd later cost me $1.50, thus why the cash mattered) and dashed to see my advisor, who kindly informed me that I'd wasted time and gas because in EE that extra form gets completed after inital acceptance, rather than earlier. Then traffic getting back sucked.

Well, course of the week: Arrange PS2 repairs (and to not have to pay for them), get new pants, convince Kyle to trade me Saturday for Saturday so that I can get a Flu Shot on the 14 since plans have already been laid for that day (Dinner Theater as well).

Okay, this story amused me somewhat. Lady comes in to send a fax (her resumè to the Montessori School, I want to spell it Montressouri for some reason, having never researched the pedagoloy of it before this moment, but that's neither here nor there). After convincing her that I don't charge for coversheets and they're helpful, I explain to her how to fill it out, and then give it back to her so she can write the fax number in the space provided so I can actually send it. Now, not only does she misspell Montessouri School (which I admit I did as well, but I'm not the one applying to the place so I have some leeway), but also resumè (and we're not talking the accent here (0232 this time)). Course, perhaps it's a match made in heaven, as the fax failed to go through the first time since someone over there answered the machine... And then the lady called them on the store phone, for reason I don't understand, as she listed her cell on both the Resumè and the coversheet. Some people confuse me.