Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Less than a month till Christmas

So no Jiaz, I couldn't think up a witty title for myself either.

Fscking Tech hasn't replied back, guess I'll send another email, she's probably on vacation again, just cause they like doing that sort of thing without notice to those of use who'd care. Procedural systems suck, and I really haven't found any backup plans of merit, but this working at $8 isn't going to fly much longer (and definately shouldn't have flown this long).

I begin to find the sidequests of FFXII a tad discouraging. I love that there's so many of them, and that you can do them from so early on. How they build upon each other, and the puzzle elements to some of them (Sochen Cave Palace doors); but frankly. Some of them are ridiculous. I look at the FAQs and I don't get what ties these seemingly random NPCs together for some of these things. I got to fight and defeat the Earth Tyrant on total luck, I talked to the wrong named person trying to find the giver of a hunt in the area and unlocked something I'd never have stumbled upon normally. The first 20 hours of the game I've been talking to NPCs with absolutely no rewards, and suddenly they start mixing them in, it doesn't compute. It's like they had something going for them, and then scrapped the full implementation and attached the pieces to some scattered NPCs and called it done. I don't like things that I can't do without the aid of a guide. I mean, FFVI was difficult to figure out some of the stuff, fighting Zoneseek, getting Gogo, but it wasn't impossible or anything. This one everything is in the most random of places. I hadn't planned for this to be the FFXII discussion post, but since I'm already here, no reason to stop now.

Spoliers, duh.

Still using Vaan, Balthier, and Ashe. Vaan's still the tank of the group, Runeblade (I haven't opened Barheim yet, I didn't figure out where to get the key, the hints do not lead where it actually starts), Demon Shield (I failed to steal the Genji Shield, so sad, but I prefer the higher Evasion on the Demon, I use Aegis for Casters), Genji Helm/Armor, and Genji Gloves. Balthier's got the second gun from Gun IV, whatever that may be and some Mud ammo (3 Power, adds Blind, Earth Element) and as I've gotten further away from big armored mobs, the gun is more lackluster. It's slow and not all that powerful. I'd rather give him my Yoichi Bow (75) + Arrows of the Goddess (5 Power Ranged!). He's wearing nice Medium Armor, about 9.8K life under the effects of Bubble. Ashe just went from Defender to Masamune to Save the Queen for weaponry, wearing a Golden Skullcap and some Heavy Armor VIII, I think. She's back to being the resident thief and acts as primary healer (though with Faith everyone can Curaga for about 5-6K, which balances almost any incoming damage).

Cid is. Odd. Al-Cid needs to make a reappearance. The game also seems to promote overleveling to a degree that's nearly unheard of (And that's coming from someone who loves Disgaea). Gilgamesh was pretty beatable at 59 for my party. Immunity to his Level 2 Sleep / Level 3 Disable / Level 4 Break was pretty nice, though his accuracy in combat was disgusting. 5 Hit chains + never-missing = dead character. I didn't actually ever land a MQ on him, for fear of coming up short and leaving myself vulnerable. Which is my major annoyance. I want FFX back. I want mobs where I know not only their HP/MP, but their weaknesses, and what specials I can land. This system of hurling 30 Blinds and getting Misses, then getting an Immune is stupid and pointless and feels like a major step backwards.

About all the time I have right now, so I'll leave this not fully wrapped up, pick it up another post another day. Just some closing remarks

Danbooru's been having difficulties the past few days, makes me sad.

Tsubasa Chronicles finished getting Subbed, so hopefully I can pick that up, need to get the big HD recoignized again though, between Stepmania, my still unsorted Music, WoW and BC Beta, I'm greatly low on disc space, and Nero's on the other drive >.>