Monday, November 06, 2006

Suffering made manifest -- Okay, it's really one of the endings to Zelda CD-I, but that's basically the same thing.

Only 17 Days till Thanksgiving. Here's hoping by then I'm Thankful to have the other 50% of my SCSI interfaced items working again (namely the Maxtor HD and the Samsung CDRW/DVD)

Looks like Adult Swim pulled a Kansas City Two-step on me, moving Trinity Blood/Bleach/Eureka Seven forward half an hour, to an 11:30, Midnight, 12:30 lineup. So I missed Trinity Blood, but I think that was the last episode I saw before I ran out of Disc Space last time, so it's all good still. Don Kannoji on Bleach next week, I'll be sure to miss that. Eureka Seven's not longer got the "One day we will all own Giant Mecha" preface and now has an extra violence warning (Woot for uncut though).

Ah, Irony, Girl and Mother (with CA Driver's License) walk into the store. Girl is coughing on and off; not quite coughing up a storm but definately a hearty, flem cough, so obviously sick. Anyways, mother had me notarize a "XX does not have an Immunization Record due to religious beliefs." And to that I say O.o, what the hell kind of death-religion is this?

Speaking of confused suprise...I just had a customer ask if he needed to unstable his papers before putting them in the copier if he wanted both sides. Honestly, I don't think anyone's visions of the future have included a copier that could copy things that freely, perhaps we should get to work on it. Doesn't beat last week's customer. Strolled in here with an opened box, that she tells me was addressed to her but was meant for someone in Seattle, and that it needed to be returned. So I look at this box, Farscape Season 1. Look at the Return Email she printed, Laguna Beach Season 1, note a RMA but no UPS Number/Barcode. Explain that she'll have to pay to send it back in absence of any UPS Account Number. We go back and forth for a few minutes, me stalwartly maintaining that the package is not going anywhere unless money is involved, her arguing that it's not hers so she shouldn't have to pay. Eventually it clicked and she left, who knows what'll become of it.

I think the FFXII playclock reads 16 hours, that or 14, but like 2-4 of it is just idle time during meals etc. Not quite the same level as my normal first weekend (actually, about par for what Disgaea 2 was, as I got that on a Saturday afternoon), a well below the total domination of Kingdom Hearts 2, though I maintain that FFXII is good so far.

PC Mag and PC World for my Lunch reading. The former mentions Nabaztag at the end, which is still a totally awesome creation. Also, USB-Charging AA Batteries have gotta be the future, that's just plain awesome.

Anime post delayed yet again, too much going on these days, I'll make a point to get to it once GG gets out Code Geass 5 and I can experience C.C., decide if I like her more or less than Kallen.