Thursday, March 08, 2007

The 5th Season

Before I get into it, let me just say - the weather here this week has been fantastic.

Titular Action
The title is a reference to a brewery in the area, where I went with the 'rents for lunch a few weeks back. We (mostly my father and I) spent awhile pondering what the name could mean, which was ruined when my mother actually asked our server. The answer was Monsoon season, which was a whole lot less fun than some of our suggestions.

Shade of Aran laid to rest.
So once again it seems my Virtual Life's progression is outpacing that of my Real Life, though that's not for lack of effort. Colleges are still a bit odd about where exactly I fit into the scheme of things with applications, and finding the right person to ask that question seems to be the key. Of course, at the heart of all of that is still the question of what precisely I want to be doing, but I look at those around me and I don't think I find anyone who's really working their love just yet. But I have to start somewhere. I find myself a bit quixotic, professing a love of computers and code, numbers and math, words and grammar, yet disliking the implementation and commenting, the complex and imaginary, the research and the documentation. Whatever, School first, dreams and aspirations later. Fun in the meantime.

The Musical Expansion
List of CDs that I need to borrow from David for the purpose of importing to iTunes:
Franz Ferdinand
Shiny Toy Guns
The Postal Service
Cowboy Bebop OSTS -- At bare minimum, Digging and disc 3 of the 4 disc set.

On-Demand Anime sideline
Popped into On-Demand again to see what was running. Mostly oddities and promos, or more episodes of shows that I don't really wanna watch to begin with. Utawarerumuno (Not a clue or a care if I spelled that right) episode 2, Jinki: Extend 7, FMP 23 (First season was just 24 I think? Not that I remember how the penultimate episode went).

Comical Musings (Somewhere there's a pun / irony in this)
Ian and Matt of Mac Hall have, my words not theirs, with a new comic -- Three Panel Soul http://www.threepanelsoul.com/. Up to a whole 9 strips, 3 per 2 weeks rotation atm as they decide how and what they wanna do with it. Looks great so far though, good to have them back in action.

Aerie has teamed up with the Artist of Stripstease for a new series, not alot there yet either, but since QoW was mostly a read for the occasional amusing quote, I don't think I'm going to both linking it. Suprisingly Lucky Googling Queen Wands Striptease will actually work. I figure leaving off the Wands might get you someplace else entirely though.

I can't help but feel that the latest arc of Sam and Fuzzy would've been better placed as those moments occured in the storyline, but the almost slapstick chaining of them isn't bad either. Questionable Content again expands the feminine field without testorone infusion, so the tension should continue to mount there.

OOTS is coming to another climax, and I figure that something major is going to have to occur, else we'll just be back where we were 200 strips ago except with one more character in the against column. At least everyone's speaking the same language again. Titanium Elemental were amusing, but I felt that strip could've had a bit more development to it.

Battle for Gobwin Knob is oscilating between a captivating story and some of the best groaner-jokes I've seen in quite awhile. I'm curious to see where this one goes.

And just to avoid droning on too much, LFG is practically genius at times, very thankful he's moved to a twice a week schedule.


All I've got for now. Gotta give some consideration to what Jiaz said. I'd probably be totally down for it if I could find a way to make it actually add something worthwhile to the site. The "being fun"part of it is already a given.