Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Boredom really kills the power to write.

Errata 1: Despite what the tutorial told me, Hammer Ons and Pull Offs in GH2 can occur on non-consecutive notes.

At long last I got together my skills and my reflexes and managed to play through the last 8 songs on Hard (Mostly 3'd with a few 4 star songs) only to be crushed by the madness that is Freebird. I can play everything but the Solo, which isn't really saying all that much, as everything before the solo is pretty amatuer level stuff. I can't do speed yet. You can throw pretty much any complexity at me, chorded or not, and I can decipher the pattern and play it, but getting speed where the tempo (aka the music) isn't easily listenable is my achille's heel. That and Orange -> Green runs because for whatever reason I mess up the double shift Red to Green, or I fail at Yellow if I focus too much on the Red to Green transition.

Errata 2: Not Kamisama Kazoku I was thinking of, I'll try and get a Radio Blog Club link to the song over there (on the left) so I can enlist some help in figuring out why the riff is so damn familiar.

On the musical front, I pushed forward to a reconstruction of my Pandora stations. I took Masterpiece and split in into 4 fragments, attempting to create 4 stations that rigidly maintain the songs I enjoyed on their parent, but in a way where I'm not sifting through the other 3 categories to get to them. Been good so far, though I find that age is very poor to stations, so we'll see how they're holding up after another few weeks.

On the video game front. Yay for the confirmation of a NIGHTs sequel, here's hoping they don't screw it up. SSX Blur not having a real song list = fail, so I won't be getting that one.