Friday, May 14, 2004

Okay, so after a week of always coming back from Java between the hours of 10:40 and 11:20 in the Webster van, I have come to the follow conclusion: 99X is only getting worse. I mean, they say they do an hour of music, but in 4 days worth of 20 minutes a day travel, aka, 1.333333(repeating) hours of music, I've heard, fully, 99X play 7 songs, which were actually 4 cause I heard 3 songs twice in all that time. What's even worse, is the commericals are now full-on crap. I mean, not relatively crappy, not lacking in one aspect, these most putrid pieces of advertising ever to hit the airwaves are absolutely horrendous. I mean, stupid premises, idiotic means of presenting them, terrible music choice, and abhorrent sound effects. I don't listen to the Braves' games on AM 750 because all the commercials are one play or another trying to get me to buy paint, or jewelry or something. Same reason I don't respect anything Neil Bortz says, political leanings aside, because all his commercials are him trying to get me to buy a bed, and personal endorsements, while annoying to begin with, should never be run during your own show. I mean, sure you'll have the greatest population of listeners interested in you, because they came to hear your show, but that's not something to be exploited, that and your voice is annoying when you don't get the break to escape it. 99x does the same thing, but those were actually kinda good compared to the late night abominations they put out. I guess I'll have to reprogram the quick frequencies so I can get to NPR with having to hold the adjust button for the 9.7 Hz I need to get there. Their latenight is good, and commercial free except for Beg-fest, and even then it's relatively free because they figure no one's listening anyways.