Sunday, December 31, 2006

Always back to the Haruhi...

Before I get into the bulk of what I hope to be able to talk about in the time I have -- I mean, we shut down our ability to process any sort of payment for an hour and didn't suffer at all because of that -- just a few minor notes/errata to get out of the way. First of all, the Christmas Loot should've been 4 PS2 games besides the two I'd asked for, namely 3 .Hack games (I'm told it's the first and third games, plus GU) and Dark Cloud.

David and I are both getting very short on patience with Neverwinter, which seems to have roughly all the stablity of Sacred (If you've ever played Sacred, you know what I talking about). Actually, thinking on that, I get the feeling that might be sort of generous to NWN2 to say.

Also, the dog is annoying the crap out of me, but at least it's easy to play with. It's mostly a personality conflict though -- it likes scratching and licking, and I happen to be semi-neurotic about cleanliness and not being scratched. It's definately a ball of fun though, which is fine when I'm looking for it, not when I'm trying to game or getting to the shower or leaving for work.

Now then, what I actually wanted to say.

So, via ANN--

"ANN recently stated that Bandai Entertainment had licensed The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, which has created some confusion in regards to what role Bandai Entertainment will play in regards to the show. Kadokawa Pictures USA is actually the North American master licensor and will handle all licensing matters. Bandai Entertainment will handle all aspects of production and distribution, as they do for most titles that they have licensed. Bandai Entertainment's Sam Maseba states, "As always, we like to work closely with the creators."
Regarding the actresses playing in episode 00, which is currently available on the asosbrigade.com website, these are not the actresses that will be used for the English dub. Maseba states, "We do not have anyone lined up for all the characters on this show."
Meanwhile Bandai has sent out a press release about the Haruhi Suzumiya Myspace Blog being among the top 50 user pages."

Blergh, just gonna blitz the core and jump onto a new topic.

What strikes me is the polls, and the manner of them. There's barely a vestige of corporate entity here, and for once they seem to be asking for things that people actually care about, like DVD Content and Voices, even if they're doing it in some sort of induced viral manner, eg: Mikuru & Yuki. Will anything come of this? Who knows. But part of me does want to applaud the gesture or taking opinions, the other half is just appalled by the internet-meme-rich handling and execution.