Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Textual amusement

Video Game Quote-Storming

I see the president equipped his daughter with ballistics -- Resident Evil 4.

Your right hand comes off? -- Resident Evil 4

Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you. -- Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

I dunno. I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box. -- Metal Gear Solid 3

We're going with my Pimp plan -- Tales of Symphonia.

Lloyd: "Colette...need cure for poison..."
Colette: "Oh, I'm not poisoned, Lloyd!"
Lloyd: "No...I mean...me..."

Lloyd: "Victory..."
Colette: "..belongs to..."
Sheena: "...the most..."
Zelos: "...Sexy! Dead Sexy!"

Colette: "Our weapons are love!"
Genis: "Justice!...and"
Kratos: "Ugh...Hope."

Genis: "I'll protect you, Presea!"
Presea: "And I'll protect you too, Genis."
Genis: "Uh...okay..."

Raine: "What was that enemies' name?"
Colette: "I like Poochie."
Raine: "No dear, I meant the species."

Raine: "This is not an inn, dear."
Sheena: "Be quiet you cold hearted witch!"
Raine: "Let's just leave her here."

Sheena: "Did you see my attack?"
Zelos: "Oh yeah, Baby. I was watching all right."
Sheena: "For some reason, I don't think that was what you were focusing on."

Regal: "We must protect..."
Presea: "...This world..."
Sheena: "...With our own hands."
Zelos: "And speaking of hands, I think I'll put mine..."
Sheena: "Ugh, idiot!"

Lloyd: Who was that girl earlier?
Colette: I hope we get to see her again.
Lloyd: What are you talking about? She's trying to kill you!
Colette: Yeah, once we become friends, I'll have to ask her why she was doing that.
Lloyd: Huh?! Are you kidding me? How do you plan on becoming friends with her?!
Colette: Hmm. What would you suggest?
Lloyd: Me? How am I supposed to know?
Colette: Try to come up with a plan before we see her again!
Lloyd: Wait, I have to come up with the plan?...

Lloyd: Where in Gaoracchia Forest is this Mizuho village?
Sheena: I can't tell you that. We'll be there soon anyway, so just be patient.
Zelos: I see you Mizuho people are as secretive as ever.
Sheena: It's to protect our unique culture. If you don't like it, you can wait in the forest.
Zelos: You've got to be kidding! I'll pass on being left behind in the Forest of Death!
Presea: The odds of surviving alone in Gaoracchia Forest...Twenty-five percent.
Zelos: Ouch. Don't say stuff like that, Preseaaaa....
Lloyd: You'll be fine. You look like the type that just won't die.
Sheena: I'll second that.
Zelos: What? You know what they say -- the pretty boys die young.
Presea: ...Incorrect usage detected. Correction necessary.
Zelos: Preseaaa!

Zelos: Exsphere mines, huh?...Riiiight...
Sheena: What? Something wrong with that?
Zelos: Surely you know about it, too. Exsphere mines in the vicinity of Altamira...What else is there besides the Toize Valley Mine?
Sheena: Ah, that one that's connected by tunnel to Moria?
Zelos: And if that's the one, think for a moment about who it is that owns the mountains in that area.
Sheena: ...I guess it'd have to be the Lezareno Company. But...so what?
Zelos: ...Oh, brother. Is your chest the only part of you that's well-endowed?
Sheena: You better shut up or I'll smack you!
Zelos: Don't say it after you've smacked me! Sheesh...

Lloyd: Orochi and Kuchinawa are brothers, right? Those are some interesting names.
Sheena: They're both old Mizuho words for "snake." But those aren't their real names.
Presea: Are they aliases?
Sheena: Not exactly... In Mizuho, we have a tradition of giving people an additional name, while hiding our real names.
Lloyd: Really? What are their real names?
Sheena: Beats me. Only they, their parents, and the Chief know. And whomever they marry.
Presea: Is your name a second name as well?
Sheena: Yeah, that's right.
Zelos: Presea, I know Sheena's real name.
Sheena: What?! How could you know?!
Zelos: Sheena's real name is Violent Demonic Banshee.
Sheena: ...Zelos!
Zelos: See? See? I told you she's a violent banshee!

Colette: What should we do if the Desian ranch is rebuilt?
Lloyd: Hmmm. We'll just have the Professor blow it up again.
Regal: ...Raine has that kind of power?
Presea: That's amazing. Not only can she heal, but she can destroy, as well.
Regal: So she's a human bomb.
Colette: No, Regal. She's a half-elf, so she's a half-elven bomb.
Lloyd: "Half-elven Bomb"? That's kind of long to have to say.
Presea: How about "HE Bomb"?
Colette: Wow! The Professor can make boy bombs?! She's amazing!
Regal: ...If the Professor heard that, I'm sure she really would explode.

Zelos: Did you see that? That was the Great Mysterious Masked Handsome Warrior Zelos at work!
Genis: Hey, can I ask you a question? Mr. Mysterious Masked Handsome Warrior?
Zelos: Certainly, young man. Ask me anything you like.
Genis: If you're wearing a mask, how can anyone tell that you're handsome?
Zelos: Well, it's obvious when you see my unmasked face, right?
Sheena: I'd like to ask something, too.
Zelos: Ah, Great-Chested Sheena. Ask me anything.
Sheena: If you're supposed to be mysterious, why are you still using your name, "Zelos?"
Zelos: Ah, well, that's...
Presea: May I ask something, as well?
Zelos: Wh...what is it, my dear Presea?
Presea: Are you hiding your face because that outfit is embarrassing?
Zelos: ...Ahh! You hurt my feelings!

Lloyd: What do you plan to do after this battle is over, Zelos?
Zelos: What else? I'm going to make use of my good looks and intelligence and make a harem assembled from all the cute girls in the world.
Lloyd: ...Even after coming back, you haven't changed a bit.
Zelos: What? If you're envious, I'll give you a special present, just for you.
Lloyd: What present?
Zelos: A year's worth of complimentary tickets to the Great Zelos Harem!
Lloyd: *Sigh*
Zelos: Or would you rather make the harem with me?
Lloyd: Don't drag me into it!

Zelos: That darkness beam was a lot of fun!
Lloyd: Really? All it does is make it pitch black. It's not any fun at all.
Zelos: You're an idiot, Lloyd.
Lloyd: What?! Why?!
Zelos: Darkness is great! It's the best chance to make your moves on a girl!
Lloyd: What...?
Zelos: You can do all sorts of things to them, as much as you like! Hehehehehe.
Lloyd: ...Hey, Sheena! Zelos just said he's the one who had his hand on your butt!
Sheena: ...Wh-what did you just say?!
Zelos: Whoa! Wait, stop, it's a misunderstanding! I haven't touched you yet! ...Aaaaah!

Zelos: I see...So Sheena's left and gone back to Mizuho?...Man, and I was so looking forward to gazing upon that voluptuous body again.
Lloyd: ...That reminds me, you and Sheena know each other, right?
Zelos: Know each other? Now, now, Lloyd, that's a great misunderstanding!
Lloyd: Then what's the deal?
Zelos: We're lovers. She's my hunny. ((musical note))
Lloyd: What?! Really?
Zelos: My future hunny.
Lloyd: Bah, so you were just joking.
Zelos: No, it's no joke! Half the world's girls are destined to become my servants of love!
Presea: ...The probability of that is...infinitely close to zero.
Zelos: ...

Zelos: Cooooooleeeeette! She really doesn't respond to anything.
Sheena: Hey! You aren't doing anything funny to her, are you?
Zelos: What?! Of course not!
Sheena: Cause it wouldn't surprise me at all if you did something like that.
Zelos: What do you mean by that?
Sheena: You tried peeking at me in the shower before!
Zelos: That was just natural curiosity toward the unknown.
Sheena: ...Oh, brother.
Zelos: ...This angel transformation definitely doesn't look like something I want to go through.

Lloyd: This "weightless" stuff is a little hard to handle.
Zelos: Once you get used to it, it's pretty fun, Lloyd. Just imagine inviting a girl you like up here. You could have fun in all sorts of ways that you couldn't normally.
Lloyd: Like what? Playing tag or something?
Zelos: *Sigh* You're a really boring guy, Lloyd.

Sheena: Seles, huh... I really don't like that girl.
Zelos: Oh? You've met before?
Sheena: A while ago, someone was stalking me. That stalker turned out to be Seles.
Zelos: Seles was stalking you? Why?
Sheena: That's what I wanna ask. She yelled, "You evil witch, I'll teach you to seduce my brother!" and she suddenly started attacking me. Mind you, I sent her packing, of course.
Zelos: Ah...well, you know what that is. She must think you're one of my sweet hunnies.
Sheena: How in the world would she possibly think that?
Zelos: Because I told her so.
Sheena: So it's all your fault!

//////

Rikku: Dr. P is in the house!
Paine: Stop that.

Rikku: I'm gonna kick you in the spleen!
Paine: Spleen?

Yuna: Give me a Y!
Rikku: Give me an R!
Paine: Give me a break.

Yuna: What's the password?
Rikku: How about, don't screw up?

Rikku: Scary.
Paine: Your point?
Yuna: Scary.

Rikku: Snake. Snake? Snake!!!

Yuna: Duck soup.
Paine: Duck what?

Paine: What a sloppy victory.
Rikku: Better than a sloppy defeat.