Sunday, August 24, 2003

Time for another of those accumulated "stuff to blog about" blogs, ie: random stuff that spurs thoughts. Damn, I need to enable titles, but I haven't and these would all be little subsets anyways, so this'll be a variety pack of variable amusement (v2.0 with colors).

It's so freaking true
Tommy Boy grabbed himself a bunch of relative unknowns to be his teenage band, and they all do a perfectly good job being the stereotypes they are supposed to be. The intelligent drummer, the loony guitar player, the moody, artistic singer/songwriter, and the bass player whom nobody knows or cares about. You think I'm kidding, yet this bass player, who pretty much is in the whole movie, is never given a name, and is referred to in the credits as "The Bass Player."

Nobody ever gives a rat's ass about the bass player.
Yes, I stole it from the Brunching Shuttlecocks' review of That Thing You Do! but it's still a valid point.

No more titles! You may rejoice

It's conversations like this that keep my late nights/early morning interesting
SonOfBloodII (1:13:50 AM): So. I've got Chicago and Bebop music and DDR music. What else does my playlist need
OmniOnAIM (1:14:24 AM): rap
SonOfBloodII (1:14:55 AM): You will die

Yes, it does go on from there, but wouldn't that get kinda tedious? Actually, it doesn't go much father from there cause he got invited to hang out with girls. So, all the more reason to UPS Ting so deadly implements of pain to deal with him and his attitude. *Angry Mumbling* Bragging about girls when I'm stuck in an all guys dorm */Angry Mumbling*. Anyways, I really do need suggestions on what to download.

Sajit's cool, Rap's not. That's roughly all anyone needs to know about my roommate. Okay, a bit more? He's Indian, he's semi-big, he's a lifter, his father's a doctor, and he's slightly hung-over from the frat party last night (well, he spent today sobering and he's fine now I imagine).

Isn't Ga Tech cool? Too bad everything's closed on the damn weekend. No music listening room, arcade doesn't open until 2:00 PM. On the other hand, I've been here a mere 9 days and I've already seen Chicago (on a big screen), My Sassy Girl (technically only the last half, on Kyle's cpu off a CD), What a Girl Wants and Shanghai Knights (on Kyle's cpu off of Jason's downloaded movies), and The Cowboy Bebop Movie (off a DVD in Kyle's cpu).

I had Kyle upload all the DDR songs to my computer, took perhaps a minute, 2 minutes tops I believe it was. I love having this Fiber Optic connection, too bad I can't use shoddy connection as an excuse for not looking up my homework.

Yay. We have a message board for Political Science and the teacher plans on doing random bi-monthly appearances at the local pizza place, I'm going to enjoy this class.

I think my dorm is officially a fire hazard. Off of the 2 socket plug on my desk (with the aid of 2 power strips and one 1-3 adapter) I have plugged in currently: Cell Phone charger, Asgard, Monitor, Speakers, Phone, Stereo/CD Player, Shredder, and two lights. Plus the light in the room, like the one in the ceiling, randomly gets dim for about 30-50 minutes at a time.

What do I need for Tech? Video games for Jeff, Sunglasses, to actually open and construct the rest of the stuff I brought, and other stuff that I'll get to later when my roommate isn't trying to sleep, cause typing is loud.