Friday, August 08, 2003

Wow, The Police (as in the group with Sting) sucks. I chose a random CD for the drive down to the Allergist's this morning and it happened to be Ghost in the Machine by The Police. I've never been much of a listener to Sting or The Police, and this CD did not change that at all. Essentially it's some white boy's failed attempt at rhyming (not even going to deem this failed poetry) set to music (and by music, I mean someone got drunk and fell asleep listening to Bob Marley). I think I'll stick with REM next trip.

The trip to the Allergist was uneventful and the actual skin test was as well. I brought LotR and read about 100 pages in the time. Anyways, the skin test is a rather annoying process, unenjoyable, but not painful really. You lie, sans shirt, face down on the bed and the nurse takes this...this thing. You know those little three legged table things in the middle of pizzas, well the best description I can give would be that it's the venegeful cousin of one of those. It's a six legged plastic brace thing. Kinda like this: ]-]-] and all the six little feet have a drop of something people are normally allergic to and the foot itself is abrasive so it scratches you a bit. Anyways, you get wiped down with rubbing alcohol, then labeled with Sharpie, then five of these little allergy plastic stamp thingys (the six legged ones, weren't you paying attention here?) get touched to your back and you get notated a bit more with pen, then you have to wait 15 minutes. Then the nurse comes back, and notes the reactions, and washes it all off, with more alcohol of course, and then you get your arm tested, just in case I guess. So the nurse washes one upper arm in...well, you should know by know, and proceeds to perform the equivelent of 18 TB tests. Yes, you get 18 needles worth of random allergenic crap injected just below your skin, unpleasant, but I'm not really bothered by needles, so that's okay. Anyways, end result, I'm borderline allergic to dust mites and also to some weed and some grass (no, they didn't tell me) so there's really nothing I can really do but take OTC medicine and hope it helps. Oh, and spend lots of money buying anti-dust mite bedding, but I doubt I'll bother with that, sounds like more effort than it's worth.