Monday, February 17, 2003

Alright, total weekend blog. We start at the beginning:
Saturday Morning I woke up and went to work, bright and early. It was a greatly uneventful day, and very slow too, though there were some very wonderful conversations between Bill and the customers including the failings of the CIA and the FBI, the workings of US Cold War espionage, anti-Southern prejudice, and a variety of other random conversations. He kept one gentleman in the store for a good 2 hours, the man's wife called his cell cause she got worried, which is the only thing that ended the chat. Anyways, we closed and then I was immediately put in charge (by my mother) of hanging around an extra 20 minutes to let the pizza's finish so I could bring them home (since we were celebrating my mother's birthday). I picked them up without event and made it home, where I was inundated in family and my parents' college friends. It wasn't wonderful, but it wasn't terrible, and I survived. Saturday over, mostly, the rest of what happened was using careful manipulation to glean 3 K.K. Songs for my pad in Animal Crossing.

Sunday: I got up just in time to find out that we were going to go to the "wake" (it's iffy calling it that, since it wasn't at a church, but that's what it was) about 2 hours before it started so we could help set-up. So we did. The party consisted of all the family I'd seen yesterday, minus the parents' college friends, plus a large contingent of very elderly persons who were friends with my grandmother (Ie: the dead guys mom) and some of his fellow co-workers. Oh, and before I forget, the deceased's ex-wife and two children (my cousins) were there as well. Rachel, who's 17 and goes to Centennial brought her boyfriend and Adam, who's 14 (or somewhere around there) brought one of his friends. Am I the only one who thinks that that is just a tad bit irregular? Anyways, the night was mostly uneventful save for a few of the elderly falling into the recessed living room(its about a good 5" drop that's hard to notice). After that, I departed to join Jiaz to work on Lit and everything went totally downhill. I immediately turned the wrong way and decided to go with it since I knew that going down Jones Bridge did lead to Devonhall eventually, though I immediately followed up the first faux pas with another false step (or turn in this case) and proceeded to wander/drive aimlessly for a solid 30 minutes before giving up and going the way I knew, which involves going around Saint Ives to get to Boles Road, whereup I took the wrong juncture of Bell Road. I did eventually get where I intended, but only after about 40 minutes of wasted time and gas and some of the worst radio programming I have ever had to deal with. I have never heard worse song choices. Sum knowledge is that darkness, rain, and bad music really Fsck with Colin. I got some work done with Jiaz and got home so I could sleep, though I did borrow Yuri's revenge from Jiaz before getting home so that has been a good lessener of boredum. End Sunday.

I got woken up early Monday, yay for 3 day weekends (when does it start? I haven't seen anything resembling a weekend yet), so I could go to the Orthodontist where I could sit there for an hour before Dr. Mach got over to add a spacer and send me on my way. Then I got home in time to go to the Dentist's and enjoy the pleasure of my weak and receeding gums. Dentist appointments draw more blood than any other activity I do except donating blood, and that wins only slightly. I got back from that and then departed to join Jiaz to finish our Lit stuff, which we managed really well after alot of work and debate about the #1 White Hatian sewed Monkey/Bear/Thing.

Well, that's the weekend in a nutshell: Now for the other stuff. Supporters of the Webster Van be afraid. In celebration of the first two weeks of Feburary (Ie: both my parents' birthdays and Valentine's day) my father got a new Honda Accord, which means that the old 1990 Mazda 626 Manual Transmission with CD player is free for me to drive!