Friday, February 14, 2003

...a spillover from the darker blog I bring you a more personal, rougher truth:

Today's Riddle, Why is it that you cannot do something through a note yet you can do it via the phone?
Answer: Having done neither, I'd have no idea.

Anyone know where I can find the unabridged rules of relationships? On a related note, would it be shipped along with Sun Tzu for reference?

For anyone who cares, no I don't like leaving Her hanging, but I also don't want to make her decision a public issue. I'd rather catch her without the horde of others.

I feel stretched, twisted. I've been emotionally and mentally torn beyond my limits, and while I may grow from this exercise, it at current is naught but a recession and pain. Those maladies inflicted upon me have left me a wreck. Stress is not a fun thing, it ruins health and hunger, undoes sanity, and generally wreaks havoc.

"What is a man but the merest speck. An leaf caught in a wind, blow and tossed by the whim of powers above himself."

And now, the much anticipated rant:
My Uncle Mark passed on at roughly 11:00 PM on Wednesday night (the 12th of Feburary). The man didn't make much of a mark in his passing (on me at least, he did adversely affect his parents and children and ex-wife). He was about 45 (I don't know precisely), a chronic smoker, alcoholic, who was not raising unemployment (Econ 101: You don't count if you aren't looking). In a perhaps misguided extension of sympathy, my family went to visit my grandparents (father's side, Mark's parents) to console them. It was pretty effective for, say, the whole first 15 minutes. We brought them food (for those who've never dealt with death, you tend to forget to eat). Anyways, my grandfather is mostly deaf, meaning that every conversation that we had, was repeated at least three times (once normally, once in an attempt to let my grandfather hear, and once at near shouting levels that my grandfather would have stopped caring at that time). Needless to say, I had to walk out due to the dysfunction. We weren't having a real conversation anymore. My mother was inquisitioning my grandfather as to why his taxes got sent back to him (possibly unopened, though no one knows since no one knows where the envelope is at). There's the beginning, the rest'll come in due time, but I feel awful at the moment f'ing stress.