Thursday, June 24, 2004

I just finished Full Metal Panic episode 12, and all I can say is that there is no O.o large enough for my emotions.

Either way, here's the state of things. I really don't know what vehicle is worthwhile, because my specifications are pretty rough. The Rav 4 doesn't feel right to me, the Matrix has very weak acceleration compared to everything else I've driven and still no Anti-lock brakes , the Element is a true SUV with crap for Gas milage, and the CRV apparently doesn't depreciate worth anything so everything Honda wants to sell me costs an arm and a leg over the 10k I was looking to spend. I'm willing to go higher, much, but not to their specs, especially not with my swing into functional unemployment this summer (bleh). So, I've got the van in the shop for a lookover to see how much dinero it'll set me back to get it functional. I know the transmission isn't prefect, but it runs and will continue to, so that should be okay. The engine is relatively new, less than 2 years, and should be fine. The radiator'll be the source of most the expense, as presently the van can dispose of a full tank of antifreeze in less than a week. So, that'll decide whether I drive the van, or go hunting (and I may very well end up with a Rav, it's looking like the best in the mess). Course, who knows if Tech'll give me parking.

Then again, the downstairs freezer might be deal, and if it is, it'll be appliance replacement time, which means there goes my car fund. So, I may end up at Tech with parking and no car, worst case.