Saturday, June 19, 2004

If you've come looking for a rant, you won't find one. It's not worth working a fire into my writing over pitiful topics. Anyways, the news lot for whenever it's been since the last real post:

Honda called me back about the other CRV, so I might be going by to take a look at it sometime starting next week. I'll probablly be asking up more hours at the UPS store given that no one else seems to want them as I'd originally anticipated, so I'll take the work, and use it to suppliment my earnings from my uncle. Hope we find a bigger priced task though, that'd brighten my days.

I've apparently hit the penultimate chapter of La Pucelle after about 20 ish hours of gameplay. Something about this worries me insomuch as that it's alledgedly a 100+ hours of gameplay game, but unlike Suikoden, that's counting all the sidestuff I guess. Either way, they've pulled out all the stops. Every single thing that they revealed at the start has come to be true no matter how much you wished the other way. At the moment I'm down my 3 strongest storyline characters for various reasons. Oh well, there isn't a item world this time around, but there is a dark world which is roughly the same, somewhat. It doesn't power my items though, I do that by sacraficing converted monsters, but that's a tale for another day (yeah yeah, I will talk about Pucelle and Disgaea someday). At least I know that I get to make Eclair better, I really think her other appearance is better, and I'm glad to learn that I'll finally get it.

The X-Box is at last on its way in for repairs, some $91 plus shipping to do it though. Goddamn Microsoft, I'd expect my Snes to fry after 24 hours, but these next gens should have a bit more durability than that, I know the PS2 has survived much longer with no adversity. Ah well, it gets another year of Warranty when it returns, and I'll actually be able to play without it seizing up on me too, hurrah. I've gotta say, it's impressive to know that everything about how the X-Box f's up has an outlet. The number of languages on the Error Screen, the colors and durations of those colors of the light, and a location and value of an error number on that screen. It honestly worries me to think that there is that much that can go wrong to have that much means of relaying it.

Car hunting didn't really go so great, the Matrix is still a possibility, but then again, but it and the CRV-LX (aka, not ass-reamingly expensive model) do not have anti-lock brakes. Although that's nothing really new to me, the van certainly doesn't have it, it's certainly a saftey feature at the top of my list. That and having a airbag would be nice given the number of idiots on the road. Hell, I'd love to get a manual tranmission vehicle so I have better control over the shifting of my car, and because it'll cost me about $700-$1000 less. Either way, Matrix or CRV, my vehicle gets weaker. The van at least is a 6 Cylinder, the others are just 4.

Aisheteruze Baby is a great anime. Definately not of genre of the more action less romance ones that I have been watching, and that's a very nice departure. Ep 10 hangs it with a nice preview that has Jiaz and I both thinking, which is a good thing given the blandness of summer, I'll be brain dead by the time Tech starts again. Damn you Jiaz and you summer school.

Alright, it's well past time for calling it a night, 11 am Java work tomorrow and all.