Sunday, June 06, 2004

Just one of those before going to bed after watching a few episodes of anime posts.

Yeah, I applied for an internship at the workplace of D'Oraz's mother, interview went well. Talked to a gentleman of similar personality followed by the other major play, a short female, Chattahoochee class of '96, married to a Tech grad, so hopefully I'll hear back that I got the position, elsewise I'll be back up job searching over in the new EB section on Medlock. Nothing of great note to report otherwise.

In other news, to drop our insurance payments, my mother signed me, herself, and my father up for a Defensive Driving Course through the AARP at the NE Spruil Oaks library. Two 4 hour classes, the first of which was today. Now, note the organization. What I failed to note when she first mentioned it, is that it's actually a driving course for those aged 50+, but either way I'll get the benefit. I'm not the youngest either, there's another 5 or so High Schoolers in it as well. Either way, it's kinda amusing. We did a reaction time exercise; a street-scene picture with the numbers 1 through 14 jumbled throughout it. We had 10 seconds to get as far as we could. Of course only the high schoolers and I finished it all. Then we did it again, and saw inprovement in those who could. Then we did it backwards, myself and another finished in less than half the time. Oh well, I'll be old and deaf and blind someday. I'd say that someone could save this and send it to me then, but I know I'd be far too blind to see it anyways, so I'm safe either way. Hah.

Paradigm shifts in Java are a pain, but a part of the system. It really does suck to have to totally reconfigure the date entry system though. Going from a SQL serving interface to a User-side interface with conversion programs. That'll be fun.

Alright, it's resting time. Perhaps I'll figure out why my copy of Samauri Champloo crashes Windows Explorer, but I'm doubtful, at least if I click fast I can still watch it, good ep. Anyways, Night everyone.