Tuesday, June 17, 2003

I started today with an orthodonist appointment. Such great fun, not! I now have braces again. Not the full contingent, just my molars. Which really sucks for eating because my teeth for chewing are presently sore from the new confines, so dinner took me a good 30 minutes to eat (Spaghetti and Chicken with a lemon sauce for those keeping score). Well, I've been here before, I'll manage better after a few days. My nurse (or whatever they are called) was a young asian woman named Christina who would have made a excellent swim teacher for little children. Every time I did what was asked of me (like, opening wide) she said either "Perfect" or "Awesome." And always said it the exact same bright and cheery way, it was kinda maddening. She also would hum little random pieces of songs I've never hear before, which was vaguely disconcerting, but not overly so because I'm prone to break into random bits of jazz every now and then at work. So, the final total, is that I now have braces on 4 teeth and a chain on my wisdom teeth connected to the braces (it feels really weird with my tongue cause I've never had something of that nature before and my wisdom tooth on the right isn't quite out so the chain seems wrong (but I hope it's not). Now, the ugly part was that my appointment took a solid hour and a half and involved having (though not all at one) a dozen cotton wads, two different suction devices, a mirror, a scraper, a microwave heater for sealing the cement, dental cement, dental glue, a muzzle (okay, not really, but something close enough for you to get the idea), a least 20 little metal rings as she was sizing the braces, two pieces of wire, and at least half of a hand (several times).

At work Bill has decided his plan for me. I need to get a flat-top hair cut with bush-whacks in the front and then start drinking "Ripped Energy" from GNC and work out. I'll have to hunt down some pictures of the hair cut first before I even think about it.