Tuesday, April 22, 2003

Alright. My Weekend, again.

Friday was coming home and going to Lowe's to get paver. For the unenlightened, there isn't really any difference between paver and bricks, except paver doesn't have holes in it to make it lighter. Anyways, trying to push a cart with bad wheels laden with 400 tiles of the stuff is quite a task, and was part of the reason why I was so drained as to perform worse than normal at DDR at Kyle's. Anyways, we loaded all the blocks into my poor van (actually, we is a relative term. David got exhausted at about 150 left and a service clerk with a heavy norweigen accent joined it (told my mother that just he and I should move the last 80 or so) so props goes out to yet another store where employees do strange things). Anyways, the car was low-riding because of all the weight so we drove it home much slower. On this trip we learned one key fact. Apparently our cell phone company has decided that instead of having our phones represent as "Wireless Caller" on our Caller ID they should instead show up as "Unavailiable" which of course is the same thing that appears for Telemarketers, etc. Which means that when I called home to get my father to start dinner, no one answered. So, I need to lay siege to them about this and to get a better face plate (mine's damaged from falling out of my pocket onto the driveway (talk about poorly made)). Anyways, we got home and unloaded and due to my mother's definition of the edged part of the driveway being different than mine, David and I promptly arranged all the paver in the wrong place. It's been relocated now, but about 70% of it remains still to be buried. What fun. Anyways (the key word of this post), then it was time for Kyle's party thing where I learned how to Mahjong at a frightening pace. I also lost a 51 minute game of WarIII expansion. It was close, but I forgot to expand fast enough and my ally didn't at all, it was attrition but one of them actually had cash so it was only a matter of time until we lost, which we did.

Saturday I woke late, did little, and then my maternal grandparents and aunt/uncle/niece combo arrived since my grandmother had invited them all over to my house (go figure). Anyways, we had our standard hectic dinner full of my grandfather getting more senile and less agile (fell out of his chair and spilled a glass of tea), me deciding that wine really tastes awful as a general rule (I knew this before, but I was thinking that maybe my tastes had changed), my niece's antics (she's like 2 I think and a spoiled brat (thanks to my grandparents). If you tell her no, she'll cry; it's awful). Then we followed up with our standard family game, Uno. Then they finially left and I went over to Ian's for some D&D which was actually more productive than usual.

Sunday was total Suikoden, which I think I'll be replaying and beating with all 108 next weekend. I'd beat my current game just to prove I can, but they just took the second best melee character I have out of my army rotation with my only effective healing rune in an area where there are two bosses (there's never been more than one before) both of whom have mass effect, high damage attacks. Well, live and learn, live and learn, love and peace (okay...maybe a bit too much Trigun. As if there was such a thing).