Monday, April 28, 2003

Just to touch on the War III and Brood Wars issues...

At my dual runs to Kyle's house on...Friday was it? I managed to get in at least 2 hours of DDR where we unlocked the evil Christmas song (evil as in hard, not as in evil Christmas) and had the ultimate evil occur. Kyle was playing Heavy and I was playing a mix of Heavy/Standard, Kyle was going for a high score to beat my second place ranking (from a bundle of consecutive Light/Standards that I did very well on) and I was playing to improve. Anyways, Kyle was doing very well, IE: ranking only A's and AA's (which is actually how we unlocked the Christmas song but nonetheless after the 5th song (Both played on Heavy, scoring a AA and a B) the game proudly informed us that we'd unlocked the song and were to getting a bonus round. The bonus round was Max 300 on Heavy and we could neither change the song nor the difficulty. Needless to say, we didn't even try it.

As for Brood Wars, Jeff asked me to game with him. The first round of games I owned Jeff, but then, post Calc practice tests, we then took on some computers. My random continuously turned up Zerg (where we lost because after my always successful Zergling rush there'd be no expansion that I could logistically reach and thus I never had a large enough follow up to handle at least 1 insane zerg) or Protoss (where we lost because while I could DT rush terrans ten ways to Tuesday, Zerg simple tore me open, but dual insane Zerg can do that. When I have 22 units produced going 2 Gates (1 delayed I admit) and a mix of zealots and DT and a healthy drone force and both zerg CPUs have 76 units made up of half a dozen lings, about 10 drones each, and the rest being a pure hydra and minor lurker force).

Sorry for a gamers post, but it had to be done. As for the Forum rant, I've decided Infoceptor isn't worth the typing to rant.