Wednesday, April 09, 2003

Highlights of my family's shopping trip today: (Media Play, Best Buy, Walmart, and Sam's Club)

Firstly, Media Play needs to rework its entire staff. They have far too many people working (IE: I ran into at least 2 people every couple steps asking me if I needed any help) and they are all too out of touch with current affairs (IE: They know nothing about the latest games, if they know any at all).

Best Buy has a much better setting, though I did encounter a very interesting staff member. After answer his "How are things?" with my conventional "Fine, you?" His response was: "Good here too, still breathing. A regular inhale, exhale." Sometimes it's just better not to ask.

Out of all of this I didn't actually buy anything myself, though David picked up the latest Linkin Park CD (which had a hell of a lot of display space allocated to it), a trance CD by a group called Orb (the first song on the cd is "Fluffy little clouds" and said phrase is repeated innumerable times throughout the song), Zone of the Ender 2 (Very nice eye candy, though the plot is still pretty pitiful), and Marvel vs Capcom 2 (Which is very fun, but no one needed to be told that, did they?).

I didn't buy it because it was XXXL men's size, but I did find the perfect shirt for myself. Before I get into that though, I would like to explain that XXXL means that the shirt nearly qualifies for the dress code at CHS on me, just to give you a conception of its size. Anyways, the shirt was a light blue and had, in a slightly darker blue, the word "Avaliable" written on it with an outline designed to make it look like it was stamped there. I think it's very appropriate.