Monday, April 07, 2003

Alright. The Kentucky family reunion. Well, firstly it ended up being at a camping site/hotel which means that there was a big building (with lots of people in it but that's not important right now (cite the joke for bonus points)) that was the hotel and then several very spread out cabins that was where we stayed (albiet we were greatly spread out across the spread). Our house was completely devoid of any clocks and my mother's watch stopped so we were reduced to using two cell phones to tell time, which was really irrelevant since we gained two hours thanks to daylight savings time and crossing back from central, so in essence I have no idea how much sleep I ever got since I was going to bed and waking up without any cognative sense of time.

Anyways, on the ride down plus part of one night of random playing I ruined my eyes beating Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland on the Game Boy Advance. The fact that I beat the game without seeing it half the time. Even ceiling mounted tracklighting above my bed only marginally helped the experience. But 1 day to beat the game was pretty funny.

Now for the quant oddness of Kentucky. Since we needed some way to distract the family from the fact that the family was altogether my mother suggested an animal zoo that contained a variety of animals includings a 35 lbs snake, but when we got there the place was closed...well maybe. The door said "closed, will not reopen", the side door said "closed", the other side door said "open." But besides that, the place was indeed closed and all we say was one chicken. So, to compensate for the lack of a morning event, we decided to go to the Kentucky Tater Festival. Now, while I would love to say that it whetted my palate for IC 2K3, I didn't ever see a Tater. Instead I saw a massive flea market with the following:

Pickle on a Stick for sale. I don't ask, I didn't check, and I still really don't want to know.

Fried Twinkies, or if that's not to your liking, they had generic Fried Candy Bars.

I did find a table with some very classic video games that I probablly ought to have bought, namely Darius Twin, Blast Corps, and Legend of Mana (a mere 13.99, which isn't too stunning, cause it's price is always falling).

The place also had more weapons (namely hunting knives and swords) than Cal, tons more. There were guns as well, but I stayed away from getting a closer look.

And that was just about everything worth mentioning. Beyond that, all I noticed was a general proliferation of Bait 'n Bullet stores, which I must say scared the living daylights out of me.